Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 31: Sunset


This journey through grief has been one that has helped my struggle tremendously. When I started this journey, I had no idea just how much it would heal me. I'm not sure where exactly the healing came from, but I am 100% positive that this has helped. I'm in a much different place emotionally today then I was before I began this project. This project was created by Carly Marie to help raise awareness during national Pregnancy and Infant Loss awareness month. The intention was to create awareness each of the 31 days of October. I had initially planned to keep up with this project daily, I did not plan for the healing that it would give me, and I had to take that slow. It was something that I knew I couldn't rush through. It has taken me 2 and a half months to finish this one month project and that's ok. It's kind of like the journey through grief, you never know what obstacles you will over come, what set backs you may have, you never really know anything, but in the end, it's ok.

I feel like this sunset picture may really represent the sun setting on my grief. My grief will never be gone, I am the mother of a child that no one can see, a child that no one knows, a child that lived solely inside of me. My grief will always be there, but it's a much different grief now then it was a couple years ago. I feel that this sunset picture is a perfect showing of changing in my grief. I love my son, I wish things were different, I wish he was here, I cannot change any of these things, but I can start to live again... I think Landon would have wanted that.
Landon, you will always be my first born...
I will miss you forever...
I will love you for always...

Landon Paul Rodgers, my son, 3.26.10-3.26.10


No comments:

Post a Comment